Polar Alignment with Polar Scope for the Northern Hemisphere
- Install the "PolarisView" app on your phone.
- Get one MSM SiFo Polar Scope
- Attention: Only do a polar alignment after you've installed your camera to avoid possible gesture change due to adding the camera's weight.
- In order to do the most accurate Polar Alignment, we need the help of the Polar Scope.
- Also, in some situations, we are not allowed to use the star pointer.
- Install your camera and SiFo Rotator as below
4. Rotate MSM Polar Scope's reticle to horizontal and 0 o'clock is up.
That's to say the 3 and 9 o'clock line is horizontal.
Reminder: The polar scope's eyepiece can be screwed in and out to adjust the focus of the reticle.
5. Adjust Rotator's gesture to put the Polaris on the same circle position as the PolarisView App
6. It's done, you can shoot now.
Please check the below photo for a detail explanation.
- Throughout the year, Polaris will travel around the North Celestial Pole in a circle.
- Polaris' position will change depends on the given time and location.