Christmas Sale is on, check out with code "XMAS" to get EXTRA 10% OFF sitewide! 🎄🎁
Best price available while supplies last!
Does this Tracker support my Camera?
It has 2 modes!
- Under the star tracker mode(by default), it can support all cameras.
- Under the passive timelapse mode, it only works directly with Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras through the hot-shoe port.
- Under the passive timelapse mode, For non-Nikon, non-Canon, non-Sony cameras (Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, etc), you just connect the intervalometer.
BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has been updated in the new button version?
- Replaced the Knob with a Button to solve the deficiencies with the knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 speed star tracking mode, then you can take photos of the Milkyway with one shot.
- Removed the less frequently used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator was added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the ideal Kit to start your Astro-landscape photography?
Basic Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket
Starter Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Ball Head, Laser Bracket
Basic Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket
Pro-Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Pro-Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit C: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Bracket
Complete Kit: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Laser pointer, Wedge, Head Lamp(Red LED), Bracket
Australia Pro Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge
Do I need the laser pointer?
- If you are new to astrophotography, we recommend choosing the laser pointer to begin. It's easier to use than the polar alignment for novices.
- If you mainly use a wide-angle lens, then the laser pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- If you are new and have a low budget, buy the Basic kit to start
- If you want a ready to shoot Astro kit, buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, you will understand how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you use a long lens, then the Polar Scope will provide a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then buy the Polar Scope as it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you might travel to Australia, Switzerland, or other locations that do not allow a laser pointer, then you will require a Polar Scope.
- If you live in Australia or Switzerland, buy Basic Kit A to start
- If you just want a ready to shoot Astro kit for your DSLR, buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above options and is ready to go for all locations.
FAQs on Shipping
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one immediately. Up until now, the defective rate is less than 1%.
If you do not want to keep it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund. In this case, you just need to pay the returning shipping fee.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it malfunctions, we will exchange it for a new one for you ALL at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- The Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- How to expose more than 60 seconds?
- What's Polar alignment?
- Is your Polar alignment difficult and complicated?
- If you already know where to find Polaris, then just aim the laser at Polaris, and polar alignment is accomplished😉.
- If you don't know where to find Polaris, then download a free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in the Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, will the foreground be blurred?
- First, we turn the tracker OFF to get a clear foreground shot(your composition).
- Then we wait for the ideal stars to show up in our composition, turn the tracker ON, and shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures to get the final one in Photoshop or other post-processing software.
"So simple to use
I purchased a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer awhile ago, and beside the weight, it was that complicated I just could not be bothered. Having received my MSM last week I went out with high hopes and it delivered. I did not purchase the polar scope or laser pointer, but used a couple of different apps on the phone and was able to take shots of more than 5 minutes with only small movement. Shots under 3 minutes were pin sharp.
Finally, the weight. So easy to just chuck it in the camera bag and take it anywhere. So glad I decided to purchase Move Shoot Move!!!"
- David Dalton, Forest Lake, AU
Below is Mr.Alyn's review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for time-lapse:
Up to 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). There is no conflict with your camera's built-in App, and it is compatible with most cameras that have a hot shoe port.The innovative worm gear system
Our worm-gear self-lock mechanism presents two key benefits: Top-Level Move Shoot Move performance and Super Long Battery Life.
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Material: Aluminum alloy
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse, Or more by connecting to an external power bank (work while charging).
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
msm 별추적기를 사용해 80~120초를 설정해서 촬영했는데
별이 흐르지도 않고 너무 선명하게 촬영되어 너무 만족하고 사용중입니다.
I was able to successfully track comet Leonard with a 50 mm lens on a Z7 Nikon, for 30 seconds, well beyond the 2.24 seconds suggested by the NPF rule on PhotoPills advises. The image is capable of a large print without star-trails. Bravo!
The compactness of the MSM star tracker is useful since I can pack it in carry-on luggage. The relatively simple setup for polar alignment is also appreciated.
Have used the tracker a couple of times. It works fairly well. There seems to be too much room for error on how the laser fits in the bracket and aligns to the tracker. I probably need the polar scope.
This is excellent tool for starting astrophotography or landscape fototography. It's portable and light weight so you can get it in pocket and go to take a photo.
Although I have previously received my MSM mount kit, I haven't used it as of yet due to it being a Christmas present for me, so until then I'm not allowed to use it.
That said, I did unpack when I received the parcel to check the contents and I was very impressed with the overall quality of the kit. Very well made and solid. If it performs as well as it looks which I'm sure it will as a few of my photography friends use the same kit and are very impressed with it's performance to date.
Here's looking forward to Christmas when I will be able to make good use of my long awaited prezzie!
SO MUCH INFORMATION...as a deep sky/milky way newbie I'm almost overwhelmed by the amount of information available for this little machine. I'm hoping for clear urban skies and the discipline to stay up late enough to take advantage of this gem. Stay tuned !!
Fast shipping, super quality product, designed well and budget friendly.
the latest combi mount is perfect , it lets the laser be mounted into the hole which has a channel machined out that centres the laser with higher accruracy ( plus the polar scope fits the same way ) it also has a longer clamping area so it clamps on the msm allot better.
While fairly new at Astrophotography, I knew after my first successful session in June, '21 that in order to 'up my game' a star tracker purchase would be a critical next step. I quickly narrowed it down to two options. MSM Rotator got the nod. My purchase was late in the Milky Way season for the Northern hemisphere, so I've only had one session with it. The results were fantastic... longer exposures, no more star trails, more details. So easy to use. During this one session I assembled the MSM Rotator onto my tripod ball head added a second ball head on top and the camera onto that. Made sure my tripod was sturdily positioned, pointed the laser at Polaris, tightened all the components, turned on the tracker and started capturing great images immediately. Big smile, happy customer!