Does this Tracker support my Camera?
- As a star tracker, it can support all cameras.
- As a timelapse mount, it works directly with Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras through the hot-shoe port. For Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, etc. just connect the intervalometer.
BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has been updated in the new button version?
- Replaced the Knob with a Button to solve the deficiencies with the knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 speed star tracking mode, then you can take photos of the Milkyway with one shot.
- Removed the less frequently used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator was added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the Ideal Gear for Your Astro-Landscape Photography?
Starter Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Ball Head, Laser Bracket
Basic Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket
Pro-Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket
Pro-Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit C: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Bracket
Complete Kit: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Laser pointer, Wedge, Head Lamp(Red LED), Bracket
Phone Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Ball Head
Phone Adv Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Wedge
Australia Pro Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge
Do I need the laser pointer?
- If you are new to astrophotography, we recommend choosing the laser pointer to begin. It's easier to use than the polar alignment for novices.
- If you mainly use a wide-angle lens, then the laser pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- If you are new and have a low budget, buy the Basic kit B to start
- If you want a ready to shoot Astro kit, buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, you will understand how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you use a long lens, then the Polar Scope will provide a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then buy the Polar Scope as it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you might travel to Australia, Switzerland, or other locations that do not allow a laser pointer, then you will require a Polar Scope.
- If you live in Australia or Switzerland, buy Basic Kit A to start
- If you just want a ready to shoot Astro kit for your DSLR, buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above options and is ready to go for all locations.
FAQs on Shipping
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one immediately. Up until now, the defective rate is less than 1%.
If you do not want to keep it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund. In this case, you just need to pay the returning shipping fee.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it malfunctions, we will exchange it for a new one for you at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- The Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- How to expose more than 60 seconds?
- What's Polar alignment?
- Is your Polar alignment difficult and complicated?
- If you already know where to find Polaris, then just aim the laser at Polaris, and polar alignment is accomplished😉.
- If you don't know where to find Polaris, then download a free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in the Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, will the foreground be blurred?
- First, we turn the tracker OFF to get a clear foreground shot(your composition).
- Then we wait for the ideal stars to show up in our composition, turn the track ON, and shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures to get the final one in Photoshop or other post-processing software.
"So simple to use
I purchased a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer awhile ago, and beside the weight, it was that complicated I just could not be bothered. Having received my MSM last week I went out with high hopes and it delivered. I did not purchase the polar scope or laser pointer, but used a couple of different apps on the phone and was able to take shots of more than 5 minutes with only small movement. Shots under 3 minutes were pin sharp.
Finally, the weight. So easy to just chuck it in the camera bag and take it anywhere. So glad I decided to purchase Move Shoot Move!!!"
- David Dalton, Forest Lake, AU
Below is Mr.Alyn's review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for time-lapse:
Up to 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). There is no conflict with your camera's built-in App, and it is compatible with most cameras that have a hot shoe port.The innovative worm gear system
Our worm-gear self-lock mechanism presents two key benefits: Top-Level Move Shoot Move performance and Super Long Battery Life.
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Material: Aluminum alloy
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse, Or more by connecting to an external power bank (work while charging).
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Enjoyed using the device at Big Bend NP. Simple to polar align with the laser. But some how my camera balll mount slipped during shooting and spoiled the time lapse. Still the images of the Milky Way (pre slip) are great.
Easy setup and nice performance with camera and lens that doesn’t exceed the recommended max weight. Polar alignment using laser pointer and polar scope was straightforward.
Although since getting my MSM tracker my local skies have been mostly wall to wall cloud I have practised setting it up & using it which was really easy, but the proof will be in the pudding when I start shooting, can't wait to get some open sky to start shooting the Milky Way now.
The MSM is compact and well made. It is easy to use, and the laser makes polar alignment a breeze. I would highly recommend this product.
Newest 2-in-1 Star Tracker (Portable & Simple to use)- Holiday Sale is ON now!🎁🎉
MSM rotator is a great little lightweight option to get you into shooting stars. It is rather easy to operate and use...and there is plenty of videos from the community explaining in detail what is needed. Rating the MSM on the basis of the rotator by itself id say that this is a 4.5 star device. My only gripe and half star deduction is due to the difficulty to keep the ballhead properly seated on the rotator. There should be a better locking mechanism to secure the ballhead.
The other half star deducted here is primarily due to the poorly designed "C" clamps that are needed for the laser pointer and the scope. The scope does not have a firm attachment option, not to mention how difficult to center the scope and laser in the attachment pieces.
I really wish that MSM would provide a single purpose clamp for each alignment tool. Bottom line I would recommend this to anyone wanting to get into this without breaking the bank.
I highly suggest to get the laser and scope, along with at least the V mount. The wedge is nice, but not necessary.
I've used the Move Shoot Move tracker several times now, sometimes at the same time as my iOptron Skyguider Pro. For my Milky Way photography I can't tell the difference, and the MSM is so much easier to set up. Just a few seconds! I like using the MSM Alyn Wallace V bracket as a base and a ball head on top of that. I also got the Z-bracket but haven't but that to use yet. Very happy with this product and it will be my go-to for all my backpacking trips!
Compact and very transportable. Used it primarily for Milky Way shooting with excellent results. Very easy to do polar alignment with the combination of laser and scope.
First time astrophotographer here. The MSM tracker is incredibly east and straightforward. You will get the results you want!
Rien à redire, sav très aimable et disponible, service parfait et délais d'expédition au top !