Black Friday Sale is on, check out with code "BFCM" to get EXTRA 10% OFF sitewide! 🎁🎁
Best price available while supplies last!
Does this Tracker support my Camera?
It has 2 modes!
- Under the star tracker mode(by default), it can support all cameras.
- Under the passive timelapse mode, it only works directly with Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras through the hot-shoe port.
- Under the passive timelapse mode, For non-Nikon, non-Canon, non-Sony cameras (Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, etc), you just connect the intervalometer.
BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has been updated in the new button version?
- Replaced the Knob with a Button to solve the deficiencies with the knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 speed star tracking mode, then you can take photos of the Milkyway with one shot.
- Removed the less frequently used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator was added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the ideal Kit to start your Astro-landscape photography?
Basic Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket
Starter Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Ball Head, Laser Bracket
Basic Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket
Pro-Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Pro-Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit C: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Bracket
Complete Kit: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Laser pointer, Wedge, Head Lamp(Red LED), Bracket
Australia Pro Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge
Do I need the laser pointer?
- If you are new to astrophotography, we recommend choosing the laser pointer to begin. It's easier to use than the polar alignment for novices.
- If you mainly use a wide-angle lens, then the laser pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- If you are new and have a low budget, buy the Basic kit to start
- If you want a ready to shoot Astro kit, buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, you will understand how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you use a long lens, then the Polar Scope will provide a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then buy the Polar Scope as it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you might travel to Australia, Switzerland, or other locations that do not allow a laser pointer, then you will require a Polar Scope.
- If you live in Australia or Switzerland, buy Basic Kit A to start
- If you just want a ready to shoot Astro kit for your DSLR, buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above options and is ready to go for all locations.
FAQs on Shipping
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one immediately. Up until now, the defective rate is less than 1%.
If you do not want to keep it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund. In this case, you just need to pay the returning shipping fee.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it malfunctions, we will exchange it for a new one for you ALL at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- The Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- How to expose more than 60 seconds?
- What's Polar alignment?
- Is your Polar alignment difficult and complicated?
- If you already know where to find Polaris, then just aim the laser at Polaris, and polar alignment is accomplished😉.
- If you don't know where to find Polaris, then download a free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in the Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, will the foreground be blurred?
- First, we turn the tracker OFF to get a clear foreground shot(your composition).
- Then we wait for the ideal stars to show up in our composition, turn the tracker ON, and shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures to get the final one in Photoshop or other post-processing software.
"So simple to use
I purchased a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer awhile ago, and beside the weight, it was that complicated I just could not be bothered. Having received my MSM last week I went out with high hopes and it delivered. I did not purchase the polar scope or laser pointer, but used a couple of different apps on the phone and was able to take shots of more than 5 minutes with only small movement. Shots under 3 minutes were pin sharp.
Finally, the weight. So easy to just chuck it in the camera bag and take it anywhere. So glad I decided to purchase Move Shoot Move!!!"
- David Dalton, Forest Lake, AU
Below is Mr.Alyn's review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for time-lapse:
Up to 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). There is no conflict with your camera's built-in App, and it is compatible with most cameras that have a hot shoe port.The innovative worm gear system
Our worm-gear self-lock mechanism presents two key benefits: Top-Level Move Shoot Move performance and Super Long Battery Life.
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Material: Aluminum alloy
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse, Or more by connecting to an external power bank (work while charging).
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
While fairly new at Astrophotography, I knew after my first successful session in June, '21 that in order to 'up my game' a star tracker purchase would be a critical next step. I quickly narrowed it down to two options. MSM Rotator got the nod. My purchase was late in the Milky Way season for the Northern hemisphere, so I've only had one session with it. The results were fantastic... longer exposures, no more star trails, more details. So easy to use. During this one session I assembled the MSM Rotator onto my tripod ball head added a second ball head on top and the camera onto that. Made sure my tripod was sturdily positioned, pointed the laser at Polaris, tightened all the components, turned on the tracker and started capturing great images immediately. Big smile, happy customer!
MSM is the most portable tracker I have owned. I tested out at Acadia National park and big bend National park for Milky Way shots and the result was satisfactory. Highly recommended for the night scape shots.
Bought this in September, I've only had 2 chances to use it but I'm very happy with the results,would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to do Astrophotography.
I just received the polar scope and it is snowing at the moment (Nova Scotia, Canada) so I have not had a chance to use it yet. However, my first impression is very good. I was a bit surprised that the polar scope did not insert very far into the mount, but it seems to lock down okay. The reticule is a bit different from what I am used to but it should work fine. The LED illumination works well (I bought the CNC machined illuminator). The polar scope has a bubble level on it which shows that someone really knew what they were doing! I am very satisfied.
I was only able to use it for a few days, (winter time here and it is cloudy and rainy), but was able to get sharp Milky Way photos. The only weak point is the alignment, which I am using a Z/V mount and now got a Pan & Tilt head. I will updated my review once I get more into it, but I am pretty happy with the unit so far. Great for backpacking.
Only had the opportunity to use it once so far at this time of year and struggling for clear nights BUT the one time I did get to use it I was thoroughly Impressed by it, so light weight and it was so easy to set up in the cold and I LOVE the laser it’s so fun, the images I managed to capture in just one session were fantastic!
Love it so far. Sets up on my fluid head nicely. Should have ordered the polar scope. Recommend ordering this. I will be back to pick one up. Solid device
It works like a charm. Easy to use. The support is excellent.
First of all, this is my first star tracker so i cannot compare with other products.
I choosed to buy this tracker because of the inviting price and being it small and relatively light it fitted well into a two days backpack, which is the main reason i looked at this product.
Until now, i used it a few times, always with wide angle lens. Always satisfying experience, also the first one (i feared i'd do some kind of mess in aligning polaris but with the polar scope the job was done i few minutes, it could take less time but it was mainly because of the use of a sphere head instead of a more precise two axis head).
I must say that in a single occasion it didn't track as expected, i still seen trailing. It may be caused by my mistake in polaris alignment (the sky were not fully visible at my location) but it may be caused also by tracker fault, as i read from some other users that it may take a while to "get up to speed" sometimes. Anyway, not a show stopper.
I know it's useable also as landscape rotator, but i don't have this need and i never used this way.
Customer support is really helpful and they solved a couple minor issues, always a satisfying experience, and this is a big plus to me. I need to talk to helpful people when i have some kind of problem or question. Also asking about other MSM products were really useful (i purchased also a mount and a more sturdy illuminator). You only need to have some patience because answers may take a couple days in the worst case, but as far as i know there is only on person following customer support so this is to be expected.
Well, the illuminator that comes bundled with the scope is a little weak in my opinion, if you choose the scope (instead of the laser pointer) better to consider spending a few more bucks and buy the CNC machined illuminator.
What else to say... so far, i'm satisfied with my purchase. Not perfect but sure a quantum leap in my night photography!