MSM™ Star Tracker& Timelapse Rotator
What has updated in the new button version?
- Replace the Knob by Button to solve the defectives caused by knob design.
- 15% space-saving than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 star tracking mode, then you can take the Milkyway in one shot.
- Remove the less used panorama mode.
How to Choose the Ideal Gear for Your Astro-Landscape Photography?
Do I need the star pointer?
- If you are a new player, we recommend choosing the star pointer as a start. It's easier to do the polar alignment for new players. (Star Pointer's output is <1mw, please check above label)
- If you mainly play with a wide-angle lens, then the star pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- If you are new and have a low budget, you can just buy the Basic kit B to start.
- If you want one ready to shoot Astro kit, then you can buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, I suppose you've understood how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you play with a long lens, then better add the Polar Scope to do a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then you should buy the Polar Scope due to it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you may travel to shoot in Australia or some locations that do not allow laser pointer, then better have one Polar Scope for them.
- If you live in Australia, then buy the Basic Kit A to start.
- If you just want one ready to go Astro kit for your DSLR, then buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above scenes, ready to go and all locations.
How to do the polar alignment?
- We have a tutorial in our user manual, also we have a tutorial for Southern Hemisphere.
- We are online every day to help, just shoot our Email/Messenger anytime.
Does this Tracker support my Camera?
- As a star tracker, it can support all cameras.
- As a timelapse mount, It works directly with Nikon, Canon, Sony camera through the hot-shoe port. For Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, just connect this intervalometer will be ok.
30 days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one instantly. Up until now, the defective rate is within 1%.
If you do not want to buy it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund, in this case, you just need to pay the returning shipping fee, it may cost $20 from your country to us.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it happens to malfunction, we will exchange a new one for you all at our expense.
Check Mr.Alyn's Review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's Review from Germany on timelapse.
The mechanism for Time-lapse:
Up too 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). No confliction with your camera's built-in App, compatible with most cameras that has a hot shoe port. Check Why Passive DesignInnovative Worm Gear System
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max Load: 3 Kg
Step Options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery Life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
The rotator itself is great but there’s been a problem with the laser. When the temp is in the 50’s(Fahrenheit) it either doesn’t turn on or only puts out about 1/4 strength. If I put it my pocket for a few minutes it works again. It’s fully charged by the way.
After a moth I got my Gauda sky tracker is small and looks good quality.
It takes long time to arrive but John was helpful, once again thank you so much.
Greetings from sacred valley of incas Peru .
I was intrigued by the size and light weight, so I got one for my aurora trip to Iceland. I was limited to one suitcase and one camera bag, so I had to travel light. I just used it in the panoramic mode and it worked just fine. I am concerned about the unique cable (hot shoe adapter) getting lost or damaged, so it may be better for a future enhancement to have the unit trigger the camera like some of the other trackers. Also, when setting it up, it was not clear which side should be facing up. Was it designed so the entire unit rotates or just the round disk rotates? It seems that the unit should be mounted with the bubble level up and the entire unit rotates. I have not tried using it for star tracking yet, but hope to soon.
Works as specified and is priced right. What more can be liked?
I originally bought the first version of the Move Shoot Move rotator for use with astrophotography, but with my pretty poor luck have yet to use it for astro. However, I have used it to shoot several panning timelapses and its simplistic controls and ease of use with my Nikon Z6 make it a great product.
I had issues with the first version so was offered a replacement of it with the new version providing I sent back the original, great customer service!
This device opened new horizons in my night sky photography. It’s easy to set up and simple to use. The results are amazing! Highly recommended!
I've received my MSM star tracker and after a few trials it's been awesome being able to get up to 6 mins of Milky way tracking with sigma 18-35mm ART f/1.8.
It is a really nice and portable tracker, even with the wait about 2 long months for receiving the tracker (i live in mexico) a MSM representative explained me that was not the usual timing but it really worth it!!
I got the sifo tracker for a trip to Patagonia as i was heading there to do the famous 'W route ' trek in winter and needed something light for my pack over the 5 days. It was a new moon and i expected zero light pollution there so i just needed clear skies and all good.On the last night after heavy snow the sky cleared and i got a chance to try it out. Easy and quick to set up and align i got some great shots of the Milky way core using the tracker and laser.The clarity and definition of stars as well as the star colour is much improved using a tracker like this one.I have used it several times since always with good results.
So I've always been interested in night sky photography, but finding the right gear was always a guessing game. Until I I saw an ad for the Move-Shoot-Move. With its relatively inexpensive price tag, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed at all. It is solidly constructed, and very easy to align and use in Star tracking mode. It arrived quickly, in time for a camping trip to a dark sky area. I was very impressed with the results. If you are in the market for a start tracker, you will not be disappointed with the Move-Shoot-Move.. Easy setup, user friendly, and most of all, it just works! I will be recommending it to all my friends who are interested in night sky photography. My dream of getting sharp, images of the Milky-Way have come true, and the Move-Shoot-Move made it possible. No complicated image stacking needed. Able to shoot long exposures at very low iso. I love this piece of gear, and you will too!