BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has updated in the new button version?
- Replace the Knob with Button to solve the defectives caused by knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 star tracking mode, then you can take the Milkyway in one shot.
- Remove the less used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator is added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the Ideal Gear for Your Astro-Landscape Photography?
Do I need the star pointer?
- If you are a new player, we recommend choosing the star pointer as a start. It's easier to do the polar alignment for new players.
- If you mainly play with a wide-angle lens, then the star pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- If you are new and have a low budget, you can buy the Basic kit B to start.
- If you want one ready to shoot Astro kit, then you can buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, I suppose you've understood how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you play with a long lens, then better add the Polar Scope to do a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then you should buy the Polar Scope due to it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you may travel to shoot in Australia or some locations that do not allow laser pointer, then better have one Polar Scope for them.
- If you live in Australia, then buy the Basic Kit A to start.
- If you just want one ready to go Astro kit for your DSLR, then buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above scenes, ready to go and all locations.
Does this Tracker support my Camera?
- As a star tracker, it can support all cameras.
- As a timelapse mount, It works directly with Nikon, Canon, Sony camera through the hot-shoe port. For Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, just connect this intervalometer will be ok.
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one instantly. Up until now, the defective rate is within 1%.
If you do not want to buy it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund, in this case, you just need to pay the returning shipping fee. It may cost $20 from your country to us.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it happens to malfunction, we will exchange a new one for you all at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- How to expose more than 60 seconds?
- What's Polar alignment?
- Is your Polar alignment difficult and complicated?
- If you already know where to find the Polaris, then just aim the laser at the Polaris, then polar alignment is done😉.
- If you don't know where to find the Polaris, then download one free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot the Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, will the foreground be blurred?
- First, we set the tracker OFF to get the clear foreground(your composition).
- Then we wait for the ideal stars to show up in our composition, turn the track ON, shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures to get the final one.
"So simple to use
I purchased a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer awhile ago, and beside the weight, it was that complicated I just could not be bothered. Having received my MSM last week I went out with high hopes and it delivered. I did not purchase the polar scope or laser pointer, but used a couple of different apps on the phone and was able to take shots of more than 5 minutes with only small movement. Shots under 3 minutes were pin sharp.
Finally, the weight. So easy to just chuck it in the camera bag and take it anywhere. So glad I decided to purchase Move Shoot Move!!!"
- David Dalton, Forest Lake, AU
Below is Mr.Alyn's review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for time-lapse:
Up too 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). No confliction with your camera's built-in App, compatible with most cameras that has a hot shoe port.The innovative worm gear system
Our worm-gear self-lock mechanism presents two key benefits: Top-Level Move Shoot Move performance and Super Long Battery Life.
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
The star tracker is a nice piece of equipment. I found the yellow/green led to indicate charge too small to read. The battery charger is a little wonky, too. The red/green indicator doesn't work consistently. As far as performance goes, I found it to perform exactly as expected. I'm glad I purchased it. And the laser is fantastic!
After testing the MSM, I am confident this rotator is ideal for Wide-field Milky imagery. For deep space images, yes this device is prefecture capable, albeit limited to low weight gear like mirrorless. A heavy professional dslr and lens would be a fine balancing act for the max payload. Overall, the device is a very user friendly and most importantly, extremely portable for hiking and travel allowing it to be used in places folks with large format trackers would probably never be able to get to. Kudos to the company and ask the best.
Great bit of kit. Not used much yet due to weather conditions but seems robust and good quality build. Can’t wait to use it more.
The MSM serves two purposes for photographers and it does both of them very well. As a Star Tracker, the MSM is great because it is so easy compared to other star trackers to get your polar alignment correct. Use the laser, rotate the tripod until you are pointing to the North Star, and you are ready to shoot longer exposures without the stars moving. The more interesting use is for a motion time lapse. MSM is brilliant: a cable attaches to your camera hot shoe and travels to the MSM to tell the MSM when to move. Set up your camera in Aperture Priority mode. Even as the photo shoot stretches from the brightness of day to the darkness of night and exposures stretch out to 30 seconds, the hot shoe does not send a signal to rotate the MSM until after the previous exposure finishes. It works really well.
Is there a recommendation for an app that would find Polaris?
Absolutely a must have for astrophotographers. This is the best tool available at this point. Nothing comes close to topping it.
Apart from the error in the instructions which does not reflect the updated display on the equipment, this works a dream for minimising streaking of stars in Milky Way shots on longer exposures. Easy to set up with the laser guide, there is no reason why individual constellations and more obvious night sky objects cannot be photographed in fine detail. Deep sky objects will be more challenging with laser-only alignment.
Artículo muy competitivo dentro de su clase tanto en precio, robustez y transporte. Excelente para astro fotografía y time lapse. Artículo muy recomendado, aunque no fue mi selección recomendaría adquirir que incluye los dos sistemas de buscar la polar.
My rotator came with a defect, but customer service was excellent! I was in touch with a person in no time, and had the replacement part shipped right after our discussion. Everything looks and works great now, cool product!
Wanted to share my experiences with my new equipment. The equipment package arrived perfectly and pretty quick on shipment, I have found the quality of my laser, the articulated head, the scope, MSM base, and red light illumination are to be of superior quality, I was so excited to order and receive and have been totally happy with the equipment compliment ordered. The MSM FB group has some many interesting suggestions and techniques on how to put this equipment into use permitting amazing images. I love my MSM equipment!!! Built well....exceeded my expectations