Due to excessive demand for polar scope, it's out of stock now, new stock is scheduled in July.15.2020.
So if you ordered a kit including polar scope, by default, we will have all but the polar scope shipped first, and send the polar scope separately to catch your time.
MSM team, June.28
BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has been updated in the new button version?
- Replaced the Knob with a Button to solve the deficiencies with the knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 speed star tracking mode, then you can take photos of the Milkyway with one shot.
- Removed the less frequently used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator was added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the Ideal Gear for Your Astro-Landscape Photography?
Options: (New US stock is on the way, all orders for US users will be sent from our US warehouse)
After 9 months of test, we finally get the wedge ready, from now on the Pan/Tilt Head will be replaced by this wedge to give better precision in alignment.
Starter Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Ball Head, Laser Bracket, Laser Charger
Basic Kit A: Rotator + Polar Scope + Scope illuminator+ Scope Bracket
Pro-Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket, Laser Charger
Pro-Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket, Laser Charger, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit C: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Bracket, Laser charger
Complete Kit: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Laser pointer, Wedge, Head Lamp, Bracket, Laser Charger)
Do I need the star pointer?
- If you are new to astrophotography, we recommend choosing the star pointer to begin. It's easier to use than the polar alignment for novices.
- If you mainly use a wide-angle lens, then the star pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- For US users, I recommend you just choose the Starter Kit, it will be shipped from our US warehouse directly to you, you can receive it within 4 days.
- If you are new and have a low budget, buy the Basic kit B to start
- If you want a ready to shoot Astro kit, buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, you will understand how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you use a long lens, then the Polar Scope will provide a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then buy the Polar Scope as it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you might travel to Australia, Switzerland or other locations that do not allow a laser pointer, then you will require a Polar Scope.
- If you live in Australia or Switzerland, buy the Basic Kit A to start
- If you just want a ready to shoot Astro kit for your DSLR, buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above options, and is ready to go for all locations.
Does this Tracker support my Camera?
- As a star tracker, it can support all cameras.
- As a timelapse mount, it works directly with Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras through the hot-shoe port. For Fujifilm, Panasonic, and Olympus, just connect the intervalometer.
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one immediately. Up until now, the defective rate is less than 1%.
If you do not want to keep it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund. In this case, you just need to pay for the returning shipping fee, which might cost $20 from your country.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it malfunctions, we will exchange it for a new one for you at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- The Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- How to expose more than 60 seconds?
- What's Polar alignment?
- Is your Polar alignment difficult and complicated?
- If you already know where to find Polaris, then just aim the laser at Polaris, and polar alignment is accomplished😉.
- If you don't know where to find Polaris, then download a free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in the Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, will the foreground be blurred?
- First, we turn the tracker OFF to get a clear foreground shot(your composition).
- Then we wait for the ideal stars to show up in our composition, turn the track ON, and shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures to get the final one in Photoshop or other post-processing software.
"So simple to use
I purchased a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer awhile ago, and beside the weight, it was that complicated I just could not be bothered. Having received my MSM last week I went out with high hopes and it delivered. I did not purchase the polar scope or laser pointer, but used a couple of different apps on the phone and was able to take shots of more than 5 minutes with only small movement. Shots under 3 minutes were pin sharp.
Finally, the weight. So easy to just chuck it in the camera bag and take it anywhere. So glad I decided to purchase Move Shoot Move!!!"
- David Dalton, Forest Lake, AU
Below is Mr.Alyn's review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for time-lapse:
Up too 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). There is no conflict with your camera's built-in App, and it is compatible with most cameras that have a hot shoe port.The innovative worm gear system
Our worm-gear self-lock mechanism presents two key benefits: Top-Level Move Shoot Move performance and Super Long Battery Life.
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Material: Aluminum alloy
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse, Or more by connecting to an external power bank (work while charging).
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
Great, light weight tracker. Easy to set up and use.
I've really enjoyed using this as a new astrophotographer. Easy to use and great results.
I am new to astrophotography and a complete novice to star trackers..I wanted something small that I can carry in my backpack for camping trips and hiking and this not only met those requirements but exceeded all my expectations. At wide focal lengths you can easily take up to 5 mins exposures without any star trails..the further you zoom in the harder it is to get pin point stars..I highly recommend the polar scope as when star to get more experienced and want to shoot specific Nebula you will have to be spot on with your alignment..
I love this unit and don't leave home without it..one thing I wish I would have gotten in the wedge mount, it make polar alignment 10times easier
That said, I've never used anything else. I had originally purchased a Star Guider Pro. And while it was in transit, I read some reviews and watched some videos about the MSM and was sold. Quickly ordered the MSM with the laser pointer and returned the Star Guider Pro once it arrived. From my first night using it, I was shocked at how good my results were. Now I just gotta figure out the whole stacking thing. Next up for me and my MSM ...NEOWISE comet.
For the money and ease of use....there is nothing better on the market. Think I'm lying? Buy one and tell me I'm wrong.
Delivered quikly to the UK and a follow up from MSM to check that the rotator had arrived as it hadn't been updated in the tracking page. Easy to align with the laser pointer and small and light enough to carry around in your rucksack. Excellent!
I've used the MSM with laser polar alignment on several occasions so far this Milky Way season. I'm always hesitant to use the laser initially due to fear of accidentally shining it at a plane, so I usually take a a few moments to really watch the sky first, then light it up, line it up, and I'm done for the night. It really only takes a matter of seconds and easy to get fairly accurate alignment. The amount of sharp detail and color within the galactic core and sheer number of stars I've been able to get on a 4:30 minute exposure with my 15 mm Irix Firefly on my Canon 6D Mark II blew me away. I've only used it once for time lapse to test it out, but that was super easy and straightforward. For the price, ease of set up, and results, you can't beat the MSM.
So I use both the MSM and the StarAdventurer tracker. Since receiving the MSM tracker, I find I use it 95% of the time. On the StarAdventurer, accurate alignment sometimes took 5-10min, whereas the MSM I can generally achieve accurate alignment in 1 min or less, using the laser alignment. This is nice when you accidentally knock the tripod in the dark, or remove the camera to change the lens for a different focal length. with the ease of alignment I will check it after lens changes or during long shooting sessions. During long shooting sessionsI find I never have to readjust the alignment (when I mean never, I mean, the last time I did, I don’t remember). I have used the MSM for shooting anywhere between a 14mm f/1.8 lens to a 85mm f/1.2 lens so far, and have find the images are absolutely clean. Owning the StarAdventurer and the MSM, i find I prefer the MSM and use it far more often.
Found this kit easy to setup and use, just wish we had better skies in the Uk to use it more. Got to make the best of when we do. Keep safe and well
It is my first tracker, so I can’t compare it to others. But it is so easy to use. I like the fact that it is compact enough that I can leave it in the camera bag and always have it handy. All this and it’s cheaper than other trackers!!! No brainer!!!
I will give 5 stars because it does what it's told. Im from New Zealand, it is hard to polar align with polar scope, but with the help of the phone app I was able to take 1 minute exposure with my sigma 50-100mm at 100mm. I would highly recommend this great tracker to anyone who wants to photograph night sky!