HOLIDAY SALE ALMOST SOLD OUT
Extra 10% OFF, CODE "2020"
Apply coupon code "2020" when checking out. The final discount price will show up once you apply coupon code "2020".
BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has updated in the new button version?
- Replace the Knob by Button to solve the defectives caused by knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 star tracking mode, then you can take the Milkyway in one shot.
- Remove the less used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator is added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the Ideal Gear for Your Astro-Landscape Photography?
Do I need the star pointer?
- If you are a new player, we recommend choosing the star pointer as a start. It's easier to do the polar alignment for new players.
- If you mainly play with a wide-angle lens, then the star pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- If you are new and have a low budget, you can buy the Basic kit B to start.
- If you want one ready to shoot Astro kit, then you can buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, I suppose you've understood how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you play with a long lens, then better add the Polar Scope to do a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then you should buy the Polar Scope due to it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you may travel to shoot in Australia or some locations that do not allow laser pointer, then better have one Polar Scope for them.
- If you live in Australia, then buy the Basic Kit A to start.
- If you just want one ready to go Astro kit for your DSLR, then buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above scenes, ready to go and all locations.
Does this Tracker support my Camera?
- As a star tracker, it can support all cameras.
- As a timelapse mount, It works directly with Nikon, Canon, Sony camera through the hot-shoe port. For Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, just connect this intervalometer will be ok.
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one instantly. Up until now, the defective rate is within 1%.
If you do not want to buy it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund, in this case, you just need to pay the returning shipping fee. It may cost $20 from your country to us.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it happens to malfunction, we will exchange a new one for you all at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- Move Shoot Move Tracker
- Why Polar alignment?
- How to Polar alignment?
- If you already know where to find the Polaris, then just attach the star pointer to the Rotator, aiming the laser at the Polaris, then you are done.
- If you don't know where to find the Polaris, then download one free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot the Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, won't the foreground be blurred?
- We first set the tracker OFF to get the clear foreground(your composition).
- Then you wait for your ideal stars to show up in your composition, turn the track ON, shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures will be ok.
Check Mr.Alyn's Review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's Review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for Time-lapse:
Up too 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). No confliction with your camera's built-in App, compatible with most cameras that has a hot shoe port. Check Why Passive DesignInnovative Worm Gear System
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max Load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step Options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery Life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
I bought this tracker because of its small footprint and the ease of use. And it is really a breeze to set this thing up with the laser attachment. The achievable polar alignment is sufficient for wide-angle lenses up to mid-tele-lenses (maybe 85mm).
I've been using the MSM for a couple of months now and it's an invaluable part of my kit.
With the milky way season here in Australia is over for the summer, I've been primarily using the MSM for timelapse work.
Timelapse with the D/SLR is technical from a photographic point of view, having a simple to implement rotator that simply works takes a lot of the stress out of things.
Battery life and build quality are great as is value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for such a solution.
I have only used it twice so far as a star tracker and once as a time lapse turntable and it works flawlessly.
Very happy with my purchase.
I bought it with the scope, but ordered the laser and head lamp later. Laser works good and will use the scope with telephoto lens.
This is a brilliant bit of kit. Well worth the investment if your into Astro Landscape
Only have used it a few times due to cloud coverage, but so far very impressed at the ease of use. Only downside is my proximity to a major airport so have to check for aircraft and have to turn the laser on and off for a few seconds at a time rather than leave it on for the whole process. I am sure that with practice I can cut the amount of time down to polar align.
Why didn't anyone think of this before? Polar aligning has never been easier! The building quality of the MSM Tracker far exceeded my expectations based on how inexpensive it is. I also love how compact it is, taking up a very small space in my camera bag. I've been able to take 5 minute exposures with no trails! I would highly recommend this tracker to anyone who wants to shoot the Milky Way!
This unit has really added some fun to our trips. I am sure we will bring on every of our trips.
I was able to track for 4min without noticable star trails...I mounted a Spacecat 51 Canon RP and took a 60s exposure of M31....crystal clear pic pinpoint stars...that setup is at the max end of its capabilities. I am very impressed and super happy with this compact portable well thought out star tracker.
My only gripe the ball head screws will go as ll the way in if you are not carefull..nothing to stop them.....
I solved this by crimping the middle of the screws...this stops them from going in to far and binds them in the ball head so I can mount the ball to the MSM.
Great product super friendly service as well.