Finally, our big batch of polar scope is ready today. All orders with a polar scope will be shipped accordingly in the following days.
Thank you so much for your great patience and supports!
July 27. 2020
Does this Tracker support my Camera?
- As a star tracker, it can support all cameras.
- As a timelapse mount, it works directly with Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras through the hot-shoe port. For Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, etc. just connect the intervalometer.
BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has been updated in the new button version?
- Replaced the Knob with a Button to solve the deficiencies with the knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 speed star tracking mode, then you can take photos of the Milkyway with one shot.
- Removed the less frequently used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator was added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the Ideal Gear for Your Astro-Landscape Photography?
After 9 months of test, we finally get the wedge ready, from now on the Pan/Tilt Head will be replaced by this wedge to give better precision in alignment.
Starter Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Ball Head, Laser Bracket
Basic Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket
Pro-Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket
Pro-Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit C: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Bracket
Complete Kit: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Laser pointer, Wedge, Head Lamp(Red LED), Bracket
Phone Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Wedge
Australia Pro Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge
Do I need the star pointer?
- If you are new to astrophotography, we recommend choosing the star pointer to begin. It's easier to use than the polar alignment for novices.
- If you mainly use a wide-angle lens, then the star pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- For US users, I recommend you just choose the Starter Kit, it will be shipped from our US warehouse directly to you, you can receive it in around 6 days in the current pandemic situation.
- If you are new and have a low budget, buy the Basic kit B to start
- If you want a ready to shoot Astro kit, buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, you will understand how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you use a long lens, then the Polar Scope will provide a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then buy the Polar Scope as it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you might travel to Australia, Switzerland or other locations that do not allow a laser pointer, then you will require a Polar Scope.
- If you live in Australia or Switzerland, buy the Basic Kit A to start
- If you just want a ready to shoot Astro kit for your DSLR, buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above options, and is ready to go for all locations.
FAQs on Shipping
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one immediately. Up until now, the defective rate is less than 1%.
If you do not want to keep it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund. In this case, you just need to pay for the returning shipping fee, which might cost $20 from your country.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it malfunctions, we will exchange it for a new one for you at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- The Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- How to expose more than 60 seconds?
- What's Polar alignment?
- Is your Polar alignment difficult and complicated?
- If you already know where to find Polaris, then just aim the laser at Polaris, and polar alignment is accomplished😉.
- If you don't know where to find Polaris, then download a free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in the Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, will the foreground be blurred?
- First, we turn the tracker OFF to get a clear foreground shot(your composition).
- Then we wait for the ideal stars to show up in our composition, turn the track ON, and shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures to get the final one in Photoshop or other post-processing software.
"So simple to use
I purchased a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer awhile ago, and beside the weight, it was that complicated I just could not be bothered. Having received my MSM last week I went out with high hopes and it delivered. I did not purchase the polar scope or laser pointer, but used a couple of different apps on the phone and was able to take shots of more than 5 minutes with only small movement. Shots under 3 minutes were pin sharp.
Finally, the weight. So easy to just chuck it in the camera bag and take it anywhere. So glad I decided to purchase Move Shoot Move!!!"
- David Dalton, Forest Lake, AU
Below is Mr.Alyn's review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for time-lapse:
Up too 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). There is no conflict with your camera's built-in App, and it is compatible with most cameras that have a hot shoe port.The innovative worm gear system
Our worm-gear self-lock mechanism presents two key benefits: Top-Level Move Shoot Move performance and Super Long Battery Life.
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Material: Aluminum alloy
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse, Or more by connecting to an external power bank (work while charging).
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
This tracker works perfectly for wide field Milky Way photography, but also with a careful polar alignment using the polar scope, you can get sharp photos at even higher focal length. I was able to get sharp photos at 300mm focal length and 1 minute exposures of the Orion Nebula. I particularly love how convenient and easy it is to setup and use.
I really like the size and ease of setting up and all the controls are simple and fast. The over all operation is good, I was able to operate it with good quality pictures on the first time.
I tested this out with my Nikon Z7 and the 14-30 as well as the 24-70 kit lens and it worked with both. I had a hard time perfectly aligning the laser pointer with Polaris due to my shaky hands. But, it turns out that even if its not 100% perfectly aligned the tracking is still really great. I was able to get a 2min exposure at 70mm and it was perfect. I was shocked. I am really looking forward to getting out and using it more!
Great tracker: lightweight and works as advertised. Recommend!
I had high hopes for this item but after trying it on a camera/135 mm telephoto lens combo that weighs 5 pounds, I am seeing blurred stars on exposures of more than 20 seconds. When I use it with a lighter 14mm wide angle lens, I can achieve very clear images up to exposures of 90 seconds. The mount appears not to like heavier payloads/ medium telephoto lenses. I am currently aligning only with the laser. Am considering buying the wedge and polar scope to improve my polar alignments. That may resolve the telephoto lens issue. Will update when I get and test the additional hardware.
I’ve been shooting with the 500 rule for a few years, with good luck, but never ‘perfect’. After setting up the MSM with the pole alignment, the photos were incredible. Sharp, no blur, and depth of color, stars like I’ve never seen on my shots. It takes a bit of practice to get the alignment setup, but once you do, 2-min exposures are sharp as a tack. I love how compact the product is, and lightweight. Easy to carry, and setup on a lightweight tripod as well. I highly recommend getting the Wedge and Polar Scope w/illuminator to help with precise alignment, it takes a great shot and makes it 100x better. I can’t wait until the next new moon to get out again!
the order and delivery was fast and very professional. The customer service is very efficient. As the laser pointer is not authorized in Switzerland, the order was quickly adapted. The MSM works very well. Thank you.
Good construction, compact and very accurate.
I switched over from the Sky Watcher Star Adventurer Mini which worked well, but was so difficult to set up. The MSM is soooooo easy. I love it!
This thing is actually pretty impressive when you consider it fits in your pocket! I have been able to get solid shots up to 24mm with simple laser alignment. Very happy!