Does this Tracker support my Camera?
- As a star tracker, it can support all cameras.
- As a timelapse mount, it works directly with Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras through the hot-shoe port. For Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, etc. just connect the intervalometer.
BEST PRICE AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
What has been updated in the new button version?
- Replaced the Knob with a Button to solve the deficiencies with the knob design.
- 15% smaller than the Knob.
- Added 1/2 speed star tracking mode, then you can take photos of the Milkyway with one shot.
- Removed the less frequently used panorama mode.
- Easier to install with the new screws with stopper
- An illuminator was added to the polar scope.
How to Choose the Ideal Gear for Your Astro-Landscape Photography?
Starter Kit: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Ball Head, Laser Bracket
Basic Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket
Pro-Kit A: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket
Pro-Kit B: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Laser Bracket, Wedge, Head Lamp (Red LED)
Basic Kit C: Rotator, Laser Pointer, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Bracket
Complete Kit: Rotator, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Laser pointer, Wedge, Head Lamp(Red LED), Bracket
Phone Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Ball Head
Phone Adv Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Wedge
Australia Pro Kit: Rotator, Phone Mount, Polar Scope, Scope illuminator, Scope Bracket, Wedge
Do I need the laser pointer?
- If you are new to astrophotography, we recommend choosing the laser pointer to begin. It's easier to use than the polar alignment for novices.
- If you mainly use a wide-angle lens, then the laser pointer is enough and the most convenient for you.
- If you are new and have a low budget, buy the Basic kit B to start
- If you want a ready to shoot Astro kit, buy the Pro kit B.
- If you are experienced, you will understand how much you can benefit from the Rotator's portability and it's straight forward design.
Do I need to buy the Polar Scope?
- If you use a long lens, then the Polar Scope will provide a more accurate polar alignment.
- If you are from Australia, then buy the Polar Scope as it is prohibited in Australia to buy the laser pointer.
- If you might travel to Australia, Switzerland, or other locations that do not allow a laser pointer, then you will require a Polar Scope.
- If you live in Australia or Switzerland, buy Basic Kit A to start
- If you just want a ready to shoot Astro kit for your DSLR, buy the Pro-Kit A.
- The Complete kit is set up to support all the above options and is ready to go for all locations.
FAQs on Shipping
30-days full refund Warranty.
If you received a defective one, don’t worry, we will resend you a new one immediately. Up until now, the defective rate is less than 1%.
If you do not want to keep it anymore within 30 days, return to us, and you will get a full refund. In this case, you just need to pay the returning shipping fee.
1 Year Quality Warranty
If it malfunctions, we will exchange it for a new one for you at our expense.
The mechanism behind Move Shoot Move star tracker:
- The Earth is rotating.
- What happened?
- How to expose more than 60 seconds?
- What's Polar alignment?
- Is your Polar alignment difficult and complicated?
- If you already know where to find Polaris, then just aim the laser at Polaris, and polar alignment is accomplished😉.
- If you don't know where to find Polaris, then download a free app, 'Skysafari,' set it to VR mode. It will spot Polaris when you move your phone around the sky.
- How to do a polar alignment in the Southern Hemisphere?
- If the star is tracked, will the foreground be blurred?
- First, we turn the tracker OFF to get a clear foreground shot(your composition).
- Then we wait for the ideal stars to show up in our composition, turn the track ON, and shoot the tracked stars. Then combine these two pictures to get the final one in Photoshop or other post-processing software.
"So simple to use
I purchased a Sky Watcher Star Adventurer awhile ago, and beside the weight, it was that complicated I just could not be bothered. Having received my MSM last week I went out with high hopes and it delivered. I did not purchase the polar scope or laser pointer, but used a couple of different apps on the phone and was able to take shots of more than 5 minutes with only small movement. Shots under 3 minutes were pin sharp.
Finally, the weight. So easy to just chuck it in the camera bag and take it anywhere. So glad I decided to purchase Move Shoot Move!!!"
- David Dalton, Forest Lake, AU
Below is Mr.Alyn's review from the UK, on star tracking.
Check Mr.Gunther's review, the godfather of timelapse.
The mechanism for time-lapse:
Up to 3000 shots in one charge.Passive (Slave) motorized in timelapse mode
The Rotator is just a slave to your camera (intervalometer). There is no conflict with your camera's built-in App, and it is compatible with most cameras that have a hot shoe port.The innovative worm gear system
Our worm-gear self-lock mechanism presents two key benefits: Top-Level Move Shoot Move performance and Super Long Battery Life.
Size: 1.7" x 3.15" x 3.9" (4.3cm x 8cm x 9.9cm)
Material: Aluminum alloy
Weight: 1.01 lbs (450g)
Max load: 6.6Lbs (3Kg)
Step options: Star Tracking Mode (360° in 24hrs) | 0.05°/step, 0.075°/step, 0.1°/step, 0.125°/step
Input: DC5.0V 1.0A Max
Battery life: 5 hrs for star tracking / 3000 shots for time-lapse, Or more by connecting to an external power bank (work while charging).
Warranty: One Year
1/4 to 3/8 Adapter x1
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Ich habe mir den MSM inkl. grünem Laser hier im Shop gekauft. Das Tracking funktioniert erstaunlich gut und ist vergleichbar mit der Vixen Polarie (mit Sucherausrichtung). Die Ausrichtung geht wirklich schnell durch den Laser. Leider hat genau dieser einen entscheidenden Nachteil: bei kalten Temperaturen (in meinem Fall unter 5°C) lässt die Leistung des Lasers nach wenigen Minuten stark nach. Dies ist durch die Laser Typ begründet. Bei kalten Temperaturen wird nicht mehr grünes Licht emittiert sondern infrarotes. Was für das Auge nicht mehr sichtbar aber weiterhin gefährlich ist. Wird der Laser bis kurz vor der Benutzung in der Hosentasche gelagert kann man ihn für ein paar Minuten nutzen bis er sehr schwach wird. Wenn er wieder aufgewärmt wird funktioniert er natürlich wieder normal. Hier wird das Phänomen gut erklärt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tOcUyakk0Q
Mit dem Tracker bin ich insgesamt sehr zufrieden. Sehr klein und leicht. Aufgrund des Lasers gibt es nur 4 Sterne.
Newest 2-in-1 Star Tracker (Portable & Simple to use)- Holiday Sale is ON now!🎁🎉
It is perfect for what it is made for except for the new type Polar Scope which does not fit snugly in its shipped adapter. I finally had to glue it in place before I could calibrate it properly without the change of moving later... .
I did managed 30 second exposures with a 300mm lens on my Olympus camera (600mm equavalent) but 20 seconds was more reliable in the end.
I also bougth the laser pointer but that prooved useless for me in dark skies where the laser beam was not visible!
I haven’t had the chance to use the MSM too much, but so far it has worked out week. Easy to align and use. Holds my Nikon D850 and my heavy Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 lens. I am looking forward to getting more use out of it in the coming months.
Got it about 3 months ago. So far so good. Game changer for astro.
This piece of kit really packs a punch in the build quality department! Very well built and sturdy. I have taken some beautiful shots with this, and I'm getting more and more confident now taking longer and longer shots. I went for the pack with ball head and laser, and cannot believe how easy it is to polar align with that laser!.. just remember to turn the tracker on when ready!😂 Battery lasts well, but if I'm out all night, I've attached a strip of velcro to my tripod leg that holds a portable battery pack so I can charge as I go and get through the whole night. Really chuffed. Can't wait for milky way season to add some great shots to my Flickr using this MSM product.
I received the MSM package very quickly. It was well packaged. The rotator is very easy to set up and use. The laser pointer is a real boon in setting the approximate position. It makes life so much easier. I’m very pleased with my purchase.
Love the MSM. A bit of a learning curve for polar alignment in Australia, but the phone mount is a godsend. Highly recommended. Has transformed my astro photography.
Laser pointer alignment makes set up quick, reliable and precise. Solid and compact device.
I'm really happy with this tracker. I would to highlight how portable is, you won't never regret to bring it in your backpack.